The Grinder Salad Recipe is a deconstructed take on the classic sandwich. It’s made with lettuce, Brussels sprouts, sausage, ham, and provolone, plus fresh veggies. The dressing is creamy and savory, and you won’t want to take your hands off it!
Remember to underestimate the power of chopped salads. Next time, try this Italian chopped salad or Portillo’s chopped salad.
Grinder Salad Recipe
I’ll tell you why it’s the best Grinder salad recipe and why you need to try it as soon as possible. It’s got everything you’d expect from a classic Italian Grinder sub. The first thing you’ll notice is that this salad dressing is real. The creamy mayo meets the tang of red wine vinegar. Then we add some Italian Seasonings, Zesty Garlic, and Pepperoncini Pepper liquid.
Let’s move on to the salad. The iceberg lettuce is crisp and shredded and the Brussels sprouts are thin slices that add crunch to the salad. We add the salami, deli ham, and provolone to the salad for a mouthwatering taste. The provolone adds a creamy and dreamy touch to the salad.
The chopped red onion gives it that delicious kick, and the grape tomatoes add a juicy sweetness to the salad. For an extra savory touch, we add a slice of grated parmesan cheese.
Even if you aren’t a big salad fan, this is a recipe you’ll love! Grinder salad has it all! It’s the perfect combination of meaty and fresh.
Dressing and Salad Ingredients
Combining all of these ingredients with the amazing dressing makes for the perfect combination of flavors. And if you’re looking for a little extra kick, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
If you’re looking for that grinder sub vibe but want something a little lighter but just as delicious, then you can’t go wrong with a grinder salad recipe.
- Mayonnaise is the creamy base of the dressing that makes it creamy and rich. For a healthier option, use Greek yogurt or a combination of yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Red wine vinegar: This gives the dressing a tang that complements the creaminess.
- Apple cider vinegar: If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, use apple cider vinegar.
- White wine vinegar: This will give the dressing a slightly different flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Season the dressing until it tastes just how you like it.
- Italian seasoning mix: This is a great combination of herbs such as oregano basil thyme rosemary to give the dressing a classic Italian flavor.
- Fresh minced garlic: This will add a bold kick to the dressing.
- Roasted garlic powder: If you prefer a milder flavor, use garlic powder or roasted garlic.
- Pepper oncini pepper liquid: This is the secret ingredient that will give the dressing heat and tang.
- Grilled parmesan: Grilled parmesan is a great addition to a grinder salad recipe.
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce: This is where the freshness and crunch come from, giving the salad that light and cool vibe.
- Brussels Sprouts: These little green goodies bring a fun twist and extra crunchiness.
- Sliced Salami: Get ready for some serious flavor! This tasty protein gives the salad that classic grinder sub-taste. If you’re not into salami, you can swap it with turkey or roast beef – equally delish!
- Deli Ham: Another hero from the deli, bringing a milder and slightly sweet touch. It plays so well with the other ingredients.
- Sliced Provolone Cheese: Oh, cheesy goodness! This creamy delight is one of the things that makes this grinder salad so irresistible.
- Chopped Red Onion: Adds a sharp kick to balance out the flavors.
- Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers: Tangy and mildly spicy, these little peppers bring the party to the salad. If you can’t find them, go for banana peppers or pickled jalapeños – still awesome!
- Halved Grape Tomatoes: Juicy and sweet, these little gems enhance the whole flavor game.
- Red Pepper Flakes (For Serving): Okay, spice lovers, here’s your moment! Sprinkle some of these fiery flakes on top if you’re up for some extra heat.
How to Make a Grinder Salad Recipe Recipes
Don’t wait any longer – grab those ingredients and enjoy a salad experience unlike any other! You won’t regret it from the first sip, we promise!
- To make the dressing: Place the mayonnaise in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the salad ingredients: Place all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over them. Gently toss to combine.
- Add the Italian seasonings: Stir in the garlic, pepper, and pepper oncini liquid. Stir to combine. Stir in parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Garnish with Red pepper flakes if desired.
- Kapustapusto: A Food Lover’s Guide
- How to Make Kimchi at Home Step by Step: A Flavorful Guide
- How to Make Kartoffelpuffer Recipe Step by Step
- Ramen Burgers Exploring the Irresistible Charm
- Joyba Bubble Tea: A Delightful Blend of Flavor and Fun
- Grinder Salad
Customize Your Grinder Salad Recipes
Are you ready to take your grinder salad recipe to the next level? I have some delicious recipes and variations that will take your salad to a whole new level.
Add your own twist to the dressing! Want something tangy? Add some red wine vinegar. Want to add some heat? Go all out with that pepper oncini pepper liquid.
Mix up the meats: You don’t have to limit yourself to salami or deli ham – try some pepperoni, turkey, or roast beef!
Add Avocado: A creamy, dreamy avocado is the perfect accompaniment to this salad. Slice them up and dip them in avocado heaven. It’s another great way to contrast the pepperoncini and onions.
Add the dressing right before serving: To keep your salad fresh and crisp, add it right before serving. This will prevent the lettuce from soggy.
The best part about this grinder salad recipe is that it’s ready to eat right away! Brussels sprouts help extend the life of this salad because it’s a sturdy green that’s well-suited to the dressing. As the salad sits, it tends to get a bit soggy. You can always keep the salad and dressing separate and then add the dressing when you’re ready to eat.
What to do with the leftovers?
In the fridge: Put the leftover salad into an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
The Grinder Salad is a deconstructed take on the classic sandwich. This salad is made with lettuce, Brussels Sprouts, Salami, Ham, Provolone, and Fresh veggies. It is then drizzled with a creamy savory dressing.
Prep Time: 15minutes
Total Time: 15Minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons pepperoncini pepper liquid
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded or thinly sliced
- 12 ounces salami, sliced
- 8 ounces deli ham, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- red pepper flakes, for serving
- To make the dressing, add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, garlic, and pepperoncini liquid to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine, then stir in the parmesan cheese. Chill the dressing in the refrigerator while you prepare the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the prepared salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Gently toss the salad ingredients together with the dressing.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes before serving if desired.
- Enjoy immediately!